Welcome to Rockford Orthopedic!
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from Rockford, Illinois, and I earned my undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I continued my studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, obtaining my medical degree. Following my graduation, I pursued training in internal medicine as part of my residency at Boston City Hospital. In addition, I completed a subspecialty training program, or fellowship, in rheumatology at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts.
My practice is focused on rheumatology. I have special interest in osteoporosis and the evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders and autoimmune diseases, including Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. I am regularly involved in national and international clinical research studies on prospective new treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and osteoporosis in which Rockford Orthopedic participates. It is my mission to provide you excellent service, as well as compassionate care. I always strive to provide you the same high quality of medical care that I would offer to a member of my family
I am actively involved in continuing medical education, and I am the Rheumatology Course Director for medical students at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford. I am actively involved in Rockford community activities and frequently give informational lectures on osteoporosis, alternative medicine, and other topics related to rheumatology. In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy managing the church softball team and youth basketball team and singing bass-baritone with local choral groups like the Bach Chamber Choir.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at Rockford Orthopedic Associates. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available.
I am looking forward to meeting with you.
Education and Training:
- Undergraduate, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Medical Degree, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
- Internal Medical Residency, Boston City Hospital
- Rheumatology Fellowship, Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American College of Rheumatology
- Member, American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist, International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)
- Rheumatology Course Director, University of Illinois – College of Medicine, Rockford
I just wanted to let you know what a great experience we had this week with Dr. Olson; our daughter went to see him on Wednesday. I was so impressed with our visit; he took a lot of time and explained everything so well. This was impressive enough on its own, but today, he personally called to let me know about the test results. I don’t know of too many specialists (or primary care’s for that matter) that would take the time to call and I so appreciated that. It’s very evident that he cares about his patients (and their nervous parents). – Frank D.